If anyone suffering from sore throat ties his (or her) left stocking round his throat on going to bed, he will be better in the morning. Encyclopaedia of Superstitions, E. & M. A. Radford.
- Burroughs Wellcome and Company
Selected images from this work
About this work
One of a series of leaflets (Encyclopaedia of Superstitions by E. & M.A. Radford) advertising Actifed Compound Linctus, active against symptoms of the common cold, containing codeine. Showing a man being tended in bed by a woman, visited by a medical practitioner.
- Antitussive Agents
- Nasal Decongestants
- Pharyngitis |drug therapy
- Bronchitis |drug therapy
- Bronchial Spasm |drug therapy
- Common Cold |drug therapy
- Hypersensitivity |drug therapy
- Codeine |therapeutic use
- Drug Industry
- Pharmaceutical Preparations
- London (England)
- Radford, Edwin, 1891-1973.
- Radford, M. A. (Mona Augusta)