Global health impacts of vector-borne diseases : workshop summary / Alison Mack, rapporteur ; Forum on Microbial Threats, Board on Global Health, Health and Medicine Division, the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, Medicine.
- Mack, Alison
Where to find it
About this work
"In June 2007 the Forum on Microbial Threats hosted a workshop to explore the dynamic relationships among host, pathogen(s), vector(s), and ecosystems that characterize vector-borne diseases. Revisiting this topic in September 2014, the forum examined trends and patterns in the incidence and prevalence of vector-borne diseases in an increasingly interconnected and ecologically disturbed world, as well as recent developments to meet these dynamic threats. This public workshop featured invited presentations and discussions that described the emergence and global movement of vector-borne diseases, considered research priorities for understanding their biology and ecology, and assessed global preparedness for and progress toward their prevention, control, and mitigation."
- Mack, Alison |rapporteur.
- National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (U.S.). Forum on Microbial Threat |issuing body.
- National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (U.S.). Board on Global Health.
- National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (U.S.). Health and Medicine Division.
- Global Health Impacts of Vector-Borne Diseases (Workshop) (2014 : Washington, D.C.)