Eglinton Tournament: guests in the banqueting hall and ballroom in Eglinton Castle. Lithograph by H. Wilson after C.A. d'Hardiviller, 1839.
- Hardiviller, Charles Achille d', 1795-approximately 1835.
Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
You can use this work for any purpose, including commercial uses, without restriction under copyright law. You should also provide attribution to the original work, source and licence.
Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY 4.0) terms and conditions https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0
Selected images from this work
About this work
[Glasgow?] : [publisher not identified], [1839?]
1 print : lithograph ; image and border 31 x 40.5 cm
Eglinton Tournament. Interior of the ball room. Groupe. Lady Seymour. Prince Louis Napoleon, Lady Stewart de Rothesay, Earl of Eglinton, Marquis of Douglas, &c. &c. August 1839. D'Hardiviller del. H. Wilson Lithog. to the Queen.
No mention of this set of prints designed by D'Hardiviller is found in Ian Anstruther, The knight and the umbrella: an account of the Eglinton Tournament 1839, Gloucester 1986, nor in Mark Girouard, The return to Camelot, New Haven 1981, chapter 7, 'The Eglinton Tournament', pp. 87-110
Wellcome Library no. 664360i
- Eglinton Tournament.
- Tournaments, Medieval.
- Seymour, Jane Georgiana, Duchess of Somerset, 1809-1884.
- Napoleon III, Emperor of the French, 1808-1873.
- Louisa Anne, Marchioness of Waterford, 1818-1891.
- Eglinton, Archibald William Montgomerie, Earl of, 1812-1861.
- Hamilton, William Alexander Anthony Archibald Douglas-Hamilton, Duke of, 1811-1863.