Burying the victims of the plague in 1665. Engraving by Page after S. Wale.
- Wale, Samuel, -1786.
Selected images from this workView 2 images
About this work
The former grounds of the Holywell (Haliwell) Abbey in Shoreditch, London, which were bounded on the north by Old Street and on the east by the site of the later Shoreditch High Street, and which occupied the sites of the later Great Eastern Street, Rivington Street and Curtain Road. The abbey had been demolished in 1539
Where to find it
Location Status AccessClosed stores