Postage stamps ephemera. Box 9B.
About this work
Box file containing postage stamps, first day covers and postmarks on medical subjects in acid free sleeves. Stamps are dated with Stanley Gibbons number (where possible). Countries are: Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Papua & New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru. Includes Polish stamps for the physicians: Sebastian Petrycy, Jedrzej Sniadecki, Władysław Bieganski, Jozef Dietl, Benedykt Dybowski, Henryk Jordan, Romanian health stamps and ones about alcoholism, drug addiction, smoking, AIDS, child health care, cancer, surgical instruments, ambulances, Asian Pacific Congress of Gastroenterology (1972. Manila) , medical plants, 'Negros Oriental Tuberculosis Pavilion' in Dumaguete City, health centres, school health, infant and maternal health, medical training, blood donation, blood transfusion, King Edward Medical College (Lahore), hypertension, disabled persons, blind, child health, occupational safety, 5th Asian congress of paediatric surgery (Karachi, 1980), drug abuse, vaccination, Rotary International, paralympics (Athens, 2004).
- Red Cross
- Malariaprevention & control
- Neoplasmsprevention & control
- Health Promotion
- Plants, Medicinal
- First Aid
- Tuberculosis, Pulmonaryprevention & control
- Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome
- Occupational Health
- Papua New Guinea
- Curie, Pierre, 1859-1906.
- Curie, Marie, 1867-1934.
- Darwin, Charles, 1809-1882.
- Dunant, Henry, 1828-1910.
- Carrión, Daniel Alcides, 1857-1885.
- Rizal, José, 1861-1896.
- Mendeleyev, Dmitry Ivanovich, 1834-1907.
- Pavlov, Ivan Petrovich, 1849-1936.
- Castañeda de Pardo, Maria Jesus.
- St. John Ambulance Association
- World Health Organization
Where to find it
Location Status AccessClosed storesEPH718B