Social exclusion, compound trauma and recovery : applying psychology, psychotherapy and PIE to homelessness and complex needs / edited by Peter Cockersell.
- Cockersell, Peter
About this work
"Responding to the growing number of psychologically informed services for people experiencing social exclusion and, in particular, homelessness, this book gives professionals the information and understanding they need to be fully informed in their practice with this client group. It begins with theory, looking at the psychology of social exclusion and the processes that underlie it, and considers the relationship between trauma, complex needs, homelessness and social exclusion. Presenting practical interventions and case studies, the authors then describe what makes for effective psychologically-informed services in practice and client perspectives on social exclusion and recovery are also provided."--From back cover.
- Social work with the homeless |Great Britain.
- Social work with people with social disabilities |Great Britain.
- Homeless persons |Mental health services –Great Britain.
- Homeless persons |Services for –Great Britain.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder |Great Britain.
- Marginality, Social |Great Britain.
- Mental Health Services
- Psychology, Applied |methods
- Psychological Trauma |therapy
- Homeless Persons |psychology
- Social Marginalization
- Resilience, Psychological
- United Kingdom
Where to find it
LocationMedical Collection WA305.1 2018S67