We offer a range of free cross-curricular study days that teachers can book for groups of their students aged 14–19. Unfortunately we can’t take bookings from individual students. We can accommodate groups of 20–30 students unless otherwise stated, and all groups must be accompanied by school/college staff at a ratio of 1:10.
Download a pdf of our 2018 brochure below for more details or browse our study days online:
Our study days are:
- Thematic, covering topics such as ‘Body Image’, ‘HIV and AIDS’, human enhancement (‘Faster, Smarter, Stronger’) and ethics (‘Dying for Science’)
- Cross-curricular, with each study day linked to different curricula
- Led by Wellcome staff, to leave you free to get involved in the day and support your students to make the most of their visit
- Varied in activities – gallery exploration, discussions, creative workshops and more
- Designed to help students develop their skills, such as critical thinking, group work, creativity and presentation
- Intended to support staff and students alike in an enjoyable, inspiring and thought-provoking experience using our unique collections
Because our study days are so popular we have scheduled specific dates for sessions (please see our study days online or download on the School Events Brochure above). Each school can book a maximum of two study days per term.
All study days and teachers' events are free but we charge a feee for cancellation or changes to your group size made within three weeks of the event. Both policies are explained fully in the agreement we ask you to sing ahead of your visit.
To book a study day, please contact the Youth Programme team:
T 020 7611 8250 / 8659 / 8361
Please note: booking for our summer term school events programme is currently open only to schools in Greater London. Booking will open for all other schools on Monday 3 April.
What else can we offer?
We are keen to work with individual schools, teachers and youth leaders to develop new sessions and resources that meet the needs of young people. If you have a particular topic you would like to explore or a challenge we can help you meet, please get in touch.