Seize the day
Friday 2 November 2012
Video of Seize the Day event by Contemporary Vintage.
Experience a brush with death at our special Friday night late, and explore what death has to tell us about life. If you knew you were going to die tomorrow, what would you choose to do today? How would you like to be remembered after you die? And what would you like to achieve before you go? Ponder these questions while enjoying stimulating talks, enchanting stories from around the world and activities throughout the galleries. Enjoy a drink while listening to a Dixieland jazz band. Decorate a coffin, pick up some dance steps in our special 'Last Dance' class and design your ideal fantasy funeral. Join us to embrace the inevitability of death and celebrate while we still can!
- Activities in the galleries from The Natural Death Centre
- New Orleans jazz funeral tunes from the Silk Street Jazz band
- Stories of God, the Devil and Death from the Crick Crack Club
- Tea dance classes from former ballet dancer and teacher Glen Snowden
- 'Immortal Dream' from Contemporary Vintage
Listen to edited recordings of talks from Joanna Ebenstein, founder of the Morbid Anatomy blog and library David Spiegelhalter, Winton Professor for the Public Understanding of Risk, University of Cambridge and Frank Swain, author of 'How to Make a Zombie'.
This event is free, so drop in any time. Talks are ticketed and tickets will be available on the night from 19.00.