Who can apply to Ideas Hub?
You can apply to Ideas Hub if:
- you can attend Wellcome Collection in central London for the week of 3–7 September 2018
- you will be over the age of 18 by 3 September 2018 (there’s no upper age limit)
- you have a minimum of 2 years’ work or professional experience – this could be through full-time or part-time jobs, apprenticeships, internships, freelance work or anything equivalent
We can't consider your application if you:
- have been employed in a non-freelance capacity by Wellcome in the last 12 months
- have taken part in Wellcome’s graduate development programme, or have applied for the 2018 graduate programme intake
- will be a Wellcome grant holder in September 2018
Who Ideas Hub is for
Ideas Hub is for you if:
- you are fascinated by the links between science, medicine, life and art
- you can work constructively and respectfully in a team with diverse backgrounds and opinions
- you feel that Ideas Hub will be beneficial to you at this point in your career. You might be at an early stage in your career or at a point where you’re thinking about change – maybe you’re looking to move into a different line of work, maybe you’re not sure what you’d like to do or maybe you just want a chance to develop your skills and discover new possibilities
- you have an interest in exploring different ideas, viewpoints and ways of working
- you’re excited about trying new activities and keen to step outside your comfort zone and learn from new experiences
- you feel that you would be able to use your skills and experience to actively participate in Ideas Hub and contribute your own views and perspectives
Wellcome is committed to diversity and inclusion, and we recently made this one of our priority areas. We encourage and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
You don’t need to have any particular background, expertise or level of education. We want a really mixed group, and it doesn’t matter if you don’t know anything about science or medicine.