Cocktails, music and dining on First Fridays
We're open on the First Friday of the month until 22.00 (except in August and January)
Explore our free exhibitions out of hours. Play eye-opening games in the Reading Room, handle intriguing objects and take a tour of the exhibition, or just have a glass of wine and catch up with friends to make your Friday night a little bit different.
Friday 2 December: Antique Beat / The Real Tuesday Weld DJ set
*Please note there is no First Friday in January 2017
What to see
- Bedlam: the asylum and beyond, level 0
- Making Nature: How we see animals, level 1
- Live DJ in the atrium, serenading you whilst you sip cocktails with friends
- Medicine Man and Medicine Now, our permanent collections, level 1
- Chill out and explore our Reading Room, level 2
Wellcome Kitchen is open late on level 2 for a special dinner menu and extensive wine list, as well as our fully-licensed cafe for drinks, snacks and pastries.
Visit Wellcome Shop before you go to pick up an inspiring book or unique gift or souvenir in our award-winning shop!
Friday Late Spectaculars
Every 2-3 months we go all out and curate an all-building event, with activities, performances, workshops and lectures all allowing a playful and deeper understanding of a topic or theme. Find out more about our Lates programme below.