Proposing a book
Wellcome Collection publishes unusual and beautifully written books that relate to medicine, life and culture. Our priority is to publish books that we believe will reach a substantial popular audience. We have established co-publishing relationships with Profile Books and Thames & Hudson and we do not publish academic books or offer grants or subventions for publishing projects. You can see our previously published books.
If you have a project you think could be right for us, please send us a brief description (no more than 500 words) of your proposed book project, including:
- what the is book about (in a nutshell)
- what is unique and topical about the book
- why the book would be a good fit for Wellcome Collection
- why you think there would be a significant audience for the book
- why you are the best person to write the book, and what’s special about you as an author
Please also include a short sample of your writing, aimed at a general audience. If your project is already well developed, then a short proposal, a chapter summary and one sample chapter would also be helpful.
Please send proposals, by email only, to email@example.com. While we will give all proposals due consideration, we cannot always acknowledge receipt or reply to every email.