We’re looking for enthusiastic young people, aged 14-19, who’d like to help shape our youth activities by joining our panel. You’ll already know us well, as a result of being involved with previous projects and events, and want to get more experience of working behind the scenes at Wellcome Collection.
What’s involved in being an Ambassador?
Ambassadors will attend regular meetings and advise our Youth Programme team on projects and events. You’ll also benefit from opportunities that range from discounts in the shop and café to work experience and training. We've previously had a selection of paid opportunities including our Public Speaking project, Saturday Studio support and a new Social Media role.
A dedicated member of our team will always be present to support the work of the Panel. We’re looking for people with bright ideas who like to take the lead, are keen to work on events, and are prepared to commit a regular amount of time to Ambassador activities. We will provide snacks at every meeting, and you can claim back your travel expenses (within Zones 1-6).
Last year's panel's activities
- Organised two successful youth events, Jingle Jungle and Quiz for the Incurably Curious
- Took part in four exclusive work experience projects, ranging from designing the trophy for Wellcome Book Prize to creating a merchandise for Wellcome Collection’s gift shop
- Helped us plan the RawMinds summer filmmaking project
- Acted as project support for Saturday Studio
- Were trained and paid to take part in a public speaking project
When the panel meets
The regular meetings usually run from 17.00 to 19.00, two Thursdays a month. We can organise other meetings whenever they’re needed and cancel meetings when there are exam pressures.
How to get involved
If you would like to become a RawMinds Ambassador, you’ll need to download and complete an application form. We'll upload it here in early July 2018.