Friday Late Spectacular: Feeling Emotional
Friday 5 February 2016
From down in the dumps to over the moon, join us to explore the art and science of human emotions: the technologies we develop, the behaviours we adopt, the languages we create to make sense of ourselves and others.
Express your funny feelings through laughter therapy, witness a ‘toddler’ robot modelling human emotional development, experience live performances, design your own emoji, or attend one of our evening talks.
This is a special late-night event with a bar running all night.
This event is FREE, just drop in. Some activities will be ticketed, with tickets available on level -1 from 18.30 on the day.
- The History of Emotions with historian Thomas Dixon
- In Conversation with psychotherapist Susie Orbach and campaigner Jacqui Dillon
- The Unpredictable Lightness of Feelings with scientist Giovanni Frazzatto
- Set sail for the farthest outposts of language and emotion with Tiffancy Watt Smith. Discover yourself in invented emotions
- Set your pulse racing in an Emotional Workout Session with laughter therapist John Hipkiss, kink educator Max Absolute & fight director Kev McCurdy. Leave your inhibitions at the door and experience a wild ride of emotions
- Try your luck at a Loteria with sorryyoufeeluncomfortable. You might even win a prize...
- Meet a toddler robot with EECAiA Lab . Meet Robin and learn about his biologically inspired emotional systems
- Sip a turbo-charged emotional cocktail from Bompas and Parr. Choose a cocktail to match or even alter your mood…
All Talks in the Auditorium (please see full programme) are British Sign Language interpreted events. To book a place with a view of the interpreter or for more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7611 2222. Find out more about accessibility at Wellcome Collection.