Hear and Now
Saturday 14 October 2017
A concert of new music themed around memory, hosted by composer and vocalist Kerry Andrew.
Parkinson Saunders will be challenging each others’ memories in performances that involve associating random words with specific sounds. Seated at two tables, their instrumentation comprises any sound-producing means other than conventional instruments. This can include lo-fi electronics, ordinary objects, toys and vocalisations, resulting in a table-top orchestra of possibilities.
Also performing live will be Bastard Assignments, a London-based collective of composer-performers. They curate gigs that bring the best of experimental music and performance to London, as well as showing their own work across Europe. They are currently a quartet: Edward Henderson, Timothy Cape, Caitlin Rowley and Josh Spear.
Speakers and performers
- Kerry Andrew, vocalist, composer and broadcaster
- Tim Parkinson, composer-performer
- James Saunders, composer-performer
- Edward Henderson, composer-performer
- Timothy Cape, composer-performer
- Caitling Rowley, composer-performer
- Josh Spear, composer-performer
- Antonia Barnett-McIntosh, composer-performer
This event is FREE. Tickets will become available below from 11:00 on Friday 29 September.
(Image credit: Bridie O'Sullivan)