What you’ll do
Listen to and be part of our Care Radio programme, broadcast live in the building and online. Watch the presenters in action as they host a night of discussion, spoken word performance, interviews, music and audience participation.
Bring along your song requests, shout-outs and top tips for self-care, or just sit back and enjoy the show.
About your presenters
See the frantic behind the scenes workings of live radio with BBC presenters. Nikki Bedi presents BBC World Service’s ‘The Arts Hour’ and is a regular interviewer on BBC Radio 4’s ‘Loose Ends’ and J P Devlin presents BBC Radio 4’s ‘Saturday Live’.
7pm: The Language of Care
- James Thompson is a Performance and Social Engagement scholar at the University of Manchester.
- Christie Watson is the author of ‘The Language of Kindness, a Nurse’s Story’.
- Christopher Davis is a medical anthropologist.
8pm: The Practice of Care
- Maggie Inchley is behind the Verbatim Formula project and works with children in care.
- Selina Thompson is an artist and performer whose work focuses on the politics of identity.
- Ria Hartley is an interdisciplinary artist, researcher, activist and educator.
9pm: Who Cares?
- Hannah Brown is a medical anthropologist at Durham University.
- Mairead Enright is a Senior Lecturer in Law and expert on feminist legal studies.
- Gareth Esson is a sex and relationships educator.
10pm: Radio as Care
- Bella Starling is a Wellcome Engagement Fellow and Director of Public Programmes for the Central Manchester NHS Trust who will be exploring radio as care with Reform Radio and Sonder Radio.
- Tammy WhyNot is a former country music singer turned lesbian performance artist.
- Carolyn Burdett is a Senior Lecturer in English and Victorian Studies at Birkbeck, University of London.
Where we’ll be
Follow the signs down the stairs or take the lift down to the Auditorium on level -1 to be part of the live audience. The auditorium seats 150.
Alternatively, head to one of our listening posts in the Franks & Steel Room on level -1 and the Viewing Room on level 2. Or pick up some headphones from the information point on level 0.
This event is part of Handle With Care, a Friday Late Spectacular.